So I joined a Minnesota Blogger’s group and then precisely stopped blogging for a while. Blogging simply took last priority after my life got flipped turned upside down (thanks, Fresh Prince). I’m not saying life is by any means “normal” again but I want to get back to writing and joining that blogging community again.
Here’s a few quick updates with the past month:
- Work has lost its damn mind. I went to a company conference with hope of a promotion and I left with more responsibilities but the same hours and same pay. It’s been really hard to adjust and unfortunately departments complain that I can’t meet their impossible standards. So that’s been fun.
- Although it’s a lot of work, cooking for my parents and myself has been really rewarding. Seeing my parents enjoy vegetables and feel more comfortable in their bodies is worth it.
- I’ve been establishing my side-job as a babysitter and am balancing five families at the moment.
- I’ve never been able to pay so much towards debt in such a short amount of time and I can’t wait to share my progress with you!
- I’ve taken comfort in reading and have read both “Where We Belong” and “Heart of the Matter” by Emily Giffin. I just started “Gone Girl” to kick off a new book club and I couldn’t be more excited about the book and the new faces I’ll meet through this club!
- My little sister is getting married NEXT MONTH! It was not fun finding out on Facebook but I’m happy for my sister and future brother-in-law. She lives in England and has the Air Force pushing a lot of the timing so my mom and I are stepping in to help. She is having a small wedding at our home next month and then a large wedding next fall. Considering I just finished cancelling my own wedding, it’s not always easy filling this role but I’m doing my best to help. I can’t let all that planning and information I’ve learned go to waste, can I?
- I’ve continued my side business of Katie Pelton Resumes and it continues to be rewarding. If only I could dedicate more time to it!
- I’ve made a lot of realizations and have learned a lot of lessons regarding my breakup. It has not been fun but it has certainly been necessary. I continue to be sorry for those that I hurt and I can only go forward and learn for the future, whatever that may be.
- I saw Fun. in concert! A night out with girlfriends felt great and Fun. is simply incredible! I highly suggest their CDs!
- I found Birthday Cake Oreo’s!! No explanation needed.
What a Hodge podge of an update, eh? I’m happy to be back to blogging and I hope to keep at it consistently! I’ve still been reading a lot of your blogs still but I hope I can stay caught up soon!
P.S. Mom & Dad, here is your que to click the un-subscribe button at the bottom of your screen 🙂 Living at home plus being having avid Slowly But Surely readers for parents becomes just a little too much involvement for me! Thank you and LOVE you both!