It’s been a tough week. I missed yet another day of work thanks to yet another trip to the ER because of yet another asthma attack. The whole not being able to breathe thing is getting old and it throws everything else in life out of whack. But I do have a lot to be thankful for so I’ll focus on that today. Keep on, keepin on, as they say, right?
- I’m thankful for Living Social deals like yesterday’s. I got $10 worth of Starbucks for $5. I ALMOST even got it for free since 2 friends used my link for the deal too. Close but no cigar and the deal sold out already! But hey, if that means a “free” Salted Caramel Mocha is in my future, I am one happy camper! People always freak out about the Pumpkin Spiced Latte but seriously, the seasonal Salted Caramel Mocha is my favorite thing to ever grace a Starbucks.
- I’m thankful for my friends. Everyone is at different points in their life, yet we all relate and love each other no matter the distance. It’s amazing to sit back and watch how life is unfolding for everyone around me, including Matt and myself. Here’s a special, specific shout out: My good friend, Laura, just had her second beautiful baby girl last week. Congratulations to her family. And little Eloise Paige is so lucky to have such an amazing mom!
- On a related note, I’m thankful for each and every one of my bridesmaids. At the moment, they are my favorite part of this wedding planning. It has been less than easy but each of them just “get it” and they have my back through every venting session. THANK YOU LADIES!
- I’m thankful for Matt. They say the hardest year of marriage is the first one, since you’re moving in together, combining relatively different lives etc. We’re doing that BEFORE the marriage, in addition to planning a giant wedding, in addition to me adjusting to my recently uprooted life, and man, it’s not easy. Yes, I probably would have done things differently but we’re doing what we can with where we’re at. Some days we have some pretty healthy yelling matches but by the time we go to sleep, he’s back to being the big spoon. It’s a work in progress but I know this effort now is helping us build a strong foundation for our future.
- I’m thankful for football, fantasy and real life. I love everything about the game of football. It is the only sport that can keep my attention for an entire game. And now I love interacting with my friends while we watch each game while we compete in our fantasy football league.
- Lastly I’m thankful for another weekend at home. Most weekends between now and January are already chalked full of fun plans, mostly out-of-town. However, this coming weekend we have no big plans and nowhere to be. I’m thankful for the little time we have to truly enjoy our home and the little things about living together before more chaos begins.
Happy Thursday, everyone! What are you thankful for?