I quietly turned 24 with my family yesterday. My mid-twenties have officially arrived and I’m not sure how I feel about it. My early-twenties were full of adventure, fun, travel, and a helluva lot of growing up. I have a feeling my mid-twenties will be a little less tumultuous but still full of adventure, fun, love and a helluva lot of growing up!
Looking ahead to year 24, here’s what I want to do this year:
- Plan a nice wedding under budget
- Find some girlfriends in this new town
- Join or start a book club
- Join or start a running group
- Run the Fox Cities Half Marathon or the Lake Geneva Half
- Do a Tough Mudder race in the spring
- Improve my cooking
- Get rid of credit card debt
- Start the snowball effect for our student loans and improve our finances!
- Join the YMCA
- Get involved in my job/company – learn to like my job
- Visit my sister (and friends!) while she’s doing Air Force training in South Carolina
- FINALLY see my long lost nanny friend, Jessie, during a ladies trip to Chicago
- Get back to my stomping grounds in New York to visit Megan + co.
- Make a trip to Dallas to see my other long lost friend, Lenka
- Decorate our home with more DIY projects
- Pot flowers for our balcony
- Get a dog (although that means we have to move apartments)
- Pass the PRAXIS exam
- Make sure Matt still wants to marry me by the time we hit 25 😉
- Soak up time with my family (mine & matt’s) while we’re still close by
- Read 24 books
- Improve my tennis game
- Maintain my blog
To kick off my 24th year, I’m off to my first day at my new job! Wish me luck!