I’m still working on cleaver alliteration for a Monday post of this sort but the post shouldn’t have to wait until a cleaver title is found, right?
As I’ve started focusing more on finances lately, I’ve been reading more personal finance blogs. One common post is a weekly spending report to show accountability.
I really like that idea because I have a terrible habit of spending money on small things here and there and then I wonder where my money went. This way I can see exactly what my week looked like and where my money went. As a result, hopefully I can be more mindful and ultimately spend less. It reminds me of counting calories – if you have to write it down, you’ll think twice about consuming it. Each Monday I’ll recap the week before.
Monday 4/9: -$7 Ticket for Twins vs. Yankee game tonight!
Tuesday 4/10: No spend day!
Wednesday 4/11: No spend day!
Thursday 4/12: No spend day!
+$60 Easter present from my parents (1/2 spend, 1/2 save)
Friday 4/13: +$781.72 Payday!
-$27.16 Duane Reade (toiletries)
-$3.19 Coffee Creamer
– $23.54 Blockheads for dinner and drinks with Megan
Saturday 4/14: +$55 Babysitting
-$8.71 Papa Johns
Sunday 4/15: -$5.44 Subway for picnic in the park
Not too shabby 🙂
I also want to include a section about things I did that didn’t cost money or were relatively free each week.
- I watched Park & Recs on Netflix. Funny show!
- I did plenty of cooking. Made these yummy treats with my groceries:
|Cheese Manicotti for lunches this week 🙂|
|Cheesecake stuffed strawberries for Book Club!|
- Megan and I rearranged the living room! The apartment has a whole new feel and it was pretty easy to do!
- I babysat some cute kids.
- I joined some friends for a relaxing afternoon in Central Park. I brought a sandwich but it could have been free if I really wanted it to be.
|It was much sunnier than this picture lets on.|
- I did some homework by the East River.