Kristen, a sassy blogger over at First Name Smith, is hosting the first ever Firm Friday.
Instead of the Freshman 15, I gained the Nanny 15. Then I got to college and gained the sophomore 15. Then I graduated and gained the post-grad, broke-as-a-joke 15. I lost about 5lbs over the summer but I still would like to lose at least 20 at some point.
I didn’t really sign up for this 1/2 marathon to lose weight but after a bit of toning up and hearing compliments on my trip home for Christmas, it will surely keep me motivated to keep training. Plus, there’s the fact that Kristen recently popped out a kid and is still far tinnier than I am and will probably ever be!
Here are my stats:
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 165
- Size: 10 pants/ M tops
|My lower half is where most of the weight is. Sorry you can’t see!|
So here’s what’s been going on this week:
- I skipped 3 days in a row between New Years Eve-Jan 2. I don’t feel too badly about it since it’s the only time I missed over the whole 2 week span I was gone.
- I got back into it on Tuesday and it was awesome. I was nervous after my break and Matt simply texted me “kick ass babe”. So I did.
- I read blogs where runners say “the miles just flew by!” and I think to myself…umm, there’s no way it could just fly by! But at least for me, on Tuesday, the minutes flew by! I ran 5 min, walked 3, ran 8, walked 3, ran 5 and it wasn’t too difficult. I remember when running 1.5 min was really hard and I stared at the clock wishing away seconds. This time, I would glance at the clock and a full 1.5 min had passed. It’s minor but it’s definitely a victory for me!
- I also rocked a 30 min abs class for some cross-training. Ya know what helped? Knowing I was going to meet marathon-runner Liz afterward.
- Despite having a book club meeting and a babysitting job last night, I still hauled ass to the gym after work and got in a 30 min run. Trust me, I tried to talk myself out of it. Warmup, ran 10, walked 3, ran 10, cooldown. The 2nd running portion was hard and became more of a run/walk thing but whatever. I’m impressed I went.
- And after work today I’m headed to go workout with Chris Powell from Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. No big deal.
Details to come on Monday…if I survive!